Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pasta Salad

This has to be my favorite new pasta salad recipe. I really don't care for creamy based salads. Not to say that I won't spoon some on my plate at a get together but I will never make one at home. This salad combines my love for Mexican and carbs! This is a keeper and will be be on my summer BBQ rotation. Thanks for sharing Cara!

Wagon Wheel Taco Pasta Salad
1 box wagon whell pasta or other fun shape
1 can black beans, drained
1 C frozen corn
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
3/4 C shredded cheddar
1/4-1/2 C salsa
1/2 C evoo
juice of 1 lime
1 T cumin
1-2 t chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt & freshly ground pepper
1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro


Cook the pasta al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, and cheese. Add the cooled pasta and mix well. In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and chili powder. Pour over the pasta salad, add the cilantro, and mix well. Season to taste with salt & pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment