Sunday, June 14, 2009

Breakfast Egg Muffins

Dave and I have both have to be at work at 7am so we are up early each morning to walk the dogs. I wanted to make something that we could bring to work for breakfast and heat up there. I found these egg quiches that you make in a muffin pan and thought they would be a nice change from the normal yogurt, toast and cereal routine. I was pleasantly suprised by them but will probably make some more changes next time around. They were a bit wet and really reduced in size. I'm guessing this was from the milk. I think a change to the egg to milk ratio would help.

Breakfast Egg Muffins
yeilds 12 muffins

1/2 t evoo
6 breafast turkey sausage (remove casing)
1/4 t Old Bay Seasoning
8 button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C onion, diced
1/4 C shredded mozarella cheese
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
5 eggs
3 egg whites
1 C milk

Adapted from this EatingWell recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment