Thursday, May 28, 2009

The weeks ahead and the week behind!

After my brother-in-law Pete left early Tuesday morning I decided that I would take a break from visisting grocery store. I had been there each day for a week while Pete was here. Everytime we went out to do some activity it always ended with a "quick" trip to the store. I think the boys were catching onto a theme here but didn't say anything since a pretty decent dinner always followed!

A quick recap of the Pete visit menu:
Blueberry bbq sauce over turkey meatballs with sauted carrots and cesar salad
Shrimp del Mar
bbq pizza with pineapple and carmelized onions
Jason's Chicken and Pasta
Spring Rolls

I dedicated my research for our weekly menu to a seach for recipes with ingredients we had on hand. I think I did a pretty good job.

The menu consists of the following:
Made up Crustless Quiche (probably not blog worthy)

Turkey Kefta

Chicken Brunswick stew (from the freezer stash)

Pot Roast (never made it before but we had a piece of meat in the freezer that I beleive goes in this kind of dish)

Lemony Shrimp with white beans and couscous

Spanish Chicken and Rice

Black bean Chipotle Enchiladas

No comments:

Post a Comment