Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blueberry BBQ Turkey Balls

I think this bbq sauce would be great on ribs, pork tenderloin or chicken. I would double the recipe next time since it is just that good! We served this over turkey meatballs. I wish I could say I found this recipe but I didn't! I took my cue from The Noshery cooking blog.

Adapted from Cooking Light 2003

Blueberry-Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat; cool. Place blueberry mixture in a blender; process until smooth. (I used my immersion blender.)

Simple Turkey Meatballs
1 lbs of ground turkey meat
1/4 cup of minced parsley
1/2 large onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 egg
1 tsp paprika
1/2 salt
1/2 pepper

To prepare meatballs, combine all the ingredients into a large bowl, mix together working with hands. Shape meat into about 14 1 inch balls. Set aside. Place meatballs into the same saucepan used for sauce over a medium heat and brown. Pour sauce over the meatballs, cover and simmer for about 5 mins or until meatballs are done.

We served this with some steamed carrots and Caesar salad. It was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment