Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jason's Chicken and Pasta

This is an old recipe from college that had become a family favorite. There are not many things that I can say I still make from these years! I can name a few but I am not proud of the fact that I ate them! Ramen started out my freshman year, Taco Salad Surprise, (I can't even go into this one!) Cheryl created this "salad"! She also brought to the table Dirt Cake, which I love but haven't made in years! Jason came to visit Nichole and made the girls dinner one night and I can still picture all of us crammed into our little kitchen in Odells watching Jason make this dish. If I remember correctly this was something that his dad made. Well, who ever I need to give credit to I will because this one is a keeper. It has been over nine years and I still make it!

Jason's Chicken and Pasta
2 chicken breast
½ C Italian breadcrumbs
1 egg scrambled
3 T milk
3 T evoo
1 C chicken broth
1 14 oz. can of quartered artichokes
½ C kalamata olives
¼ C chopped sun dried tomatoes
¼ C freshly grated Parmesan
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 box of pasta- your choice

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place in a bowl with the scrambled egg and milk Drain and toss with breadcrumbs in a plastic bag. Add more breadcrumbs is needed. Cook pasta according to directions. Heat oil in a large skillet until hot but not smoking. Add chicken in batches and brown on each side. Remove chicken to a paper towel lined plate. Add garlic, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and olives to skillet and cook for two minutes. Return chicken to skillet and toss to combine. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add Parmesan. The sauce should thicken just a bit with the breadcrumbs and cheese. Cook for 3 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Todd pasta in skillet and add reserved pasta water if it seems dry. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment