Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chicken Brunswick Stew

My version of something I have never made before! I looked up a ton of recipes and kind of mushed them together to make this one with items I had in the house. The only thing I would change would be starting with less sugar. I thought it was a touch too sweet. I think you need the surgar because otherwise it would take more like a chili. It was quite good and really easy since I used the crock pot. We had enough to freeze half for another night.

Chicken Brunswick Stew

1 large onion, chopped
2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
15-ounce can cream-style corn
28-ounces can crushed tomatoes
15-ounce can chili beans with sauce
2 C chicken broth
¼ C Worcestershire sauce
2 T white vinegar
2 t dry mustard
½ t salt
½ t pepper
½ t hot pepper sauce
1 T sugar

Place onion in a 4-quart slow cooker; place chicken breasts on top of the onions. Add the rest of the ingredients and cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred; return to stew. Mix thoroughly and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment