Thursday, July 17, 2008

Homemade Feticini & Pumkin Raviol



Some times I wonder what is going on in my head! My bike rides home are so invigorating that I arrive home energized and ready to tackle something too large for a weeknight dinner. This particular night I decided to pull out the pasta maker. You can just imagine what lay ahead! I got home around six and Dave must have been kayaking, surprise, surprise! Long story short we didn't eat until quarter to 10 and Dave was really not pleased with the mound of dishes in the sink. Our usual agreement is one cooks the other cleans! That night he got the bum end of the bargain. I really enjoyed myself and all in all that is what counts! I wish I had gotten a picture of my sous chef. George kept nibbling on the fettuccine that was hanging all over the kitchen to dry! It was really cute, he would just meander up to the counter and take a bite of the pasta drooping down to his big old head! What a mess it was! I ended up having to sweep and mop the floor. What started this hole adventure was the discovery of a ravioli maker at work. I had wanted to make pumpkin or squash ravioli and this was the perfect excuse. Well long story short the ravioli mold didn't let go of my ravioli so I had to make them by hand and threw out the entire mold with caked on ravioli. I was really disappointed with it but proceeded to pull it out of the trash can in the morning and have vowed to try it again. What can I say I'm a glutton for punishment! So here is the recipe I "followed":

24 oz can of pumpkin
4 T or there about of real VT maple syrup
2 T brown sugar
1/2 t Cinnamon
8oz. goat cheese
salt/ pepper
Note: after I added all these ingredients I went back and kept adding a little more of each. It was too bland and I believe you just have to keep tasting it until you get it the way you like it.

The sauce:
evoo
2 C Chicken broth
2 shallots
2 T corn starch
dried cranberries
walnuts
chopped spinach
salt/ pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment