Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yummy Deliciousness

Oh these were so good. Warning, not good for you! But still really good. I was worried that they would be too spicy but they weren't at all. I brought them to book club last night for our co-ed summer party and they were the first thing to go. They are just as good at room temperature as they are right out of the oven. I'd say that they are a little labor intensive but well worth it. From washing to cutting to filling and baking it took about an hour. Oh, incidentally, the book we read was The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It was so good! It ranks up there with Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follott. Right now they are my two favorite books of 2008. Our next book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I'm looking forward to this one as well. Enjoy the poppers!

Jalapeño Poppers

20 jalapeños
Reduced fat cream cheese
Bacon
Wooden Tooth Picks

Cut each jalapeno in half and remove seeds and ribs. The more you remove the less heat. I wore rubber cloves to do this. Using a spoon scoop cream cheese into each jalapeño half. Cut bacon into thirds and wrap each stuffed jalapeño in a piece of bacon and secure with a wooded toothpick. Bake at 375 on a wired rack over a baking sheet. It took about 25-30 minutes to crisp the bacon. After this time I flipped each one over and broiled until the bottoms were crisp (1-2 minutes). I was worried that the cream cheese would fall out but it stayed in!

No comments:

Post a Comment