Monday, June 9, 2008

The Week Ahead

I've tried really hard to make our menu fit within our tight budget. We just got the Passat fixed last week and paid all the bills in the beginning of the month and are left with a skinny food budget. Needless to say I'm pretty proud of the dishes I pulled out of the freezer and cabinets. I sometimes enjoy being put in this position (even if I was the one who put us here). It makes me really appreciate what's in the house and utilize what is available. So instead of rambling on I will let you in on the list... In no particular order we will be having Pumpkin Ravioli care of Cara's Blog, Chicken Piccata, Shrimp Enchiladas, Peppercorn and Garlic Pork Tenderloin and something with Tofu that has yet to be decided. After tooting my horn on being creative we came home tonight to eat homemade nachos and garden burgers! I really didn't want to cook after pulling weeds out of someone else's garden and sledge hammering someone else's retaining wall. Oh the joys of working all day and then helping Dave with his blossoming business. So my first entry won't have a recipe in it since I really can't take any credit for opening up a can of pinto beans and dumping them over some chips covered with cheese! Hopefully I will redeem myself in the next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment