Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Forgotten Recipe that needs to be remembered

So I made Chicken burgers the other night and needed to keep track of my version. I adapted my recipe from Guy Fieri Chicken Patties. They were amazing! I was really excited to try them out and couldn't believe how tasty they were. I'm still trying to get Dave to like alternative burgers. We really don't eat any red meat so when a burger is on the menu he is looking for the red meat version. I think he liked these.

Chicken Burgers
2 skinned chicken breasts
evoo
4 T diced black olives
1/2 red pepper diced
1/2 jalapeno diced (you can use more if you like the heat)
3 garlic gloved minced
1/4 diced artichoke hearts
dash of the following (around a 1/2 t)
paprika
chili powder
oregano
red chili flakes
cumin
1 T of fresh flat leaf parsley
1/4 t sage
2 T bread crumbs
1 egg
s & p

In a medium saute pan over medium heat add evoo and all vegetables and saute until translucent. Remove and cool.
While vegetables are cooling place chicken breasts in Cuisinart with the metal blade and blend until ground.
Add veggies to raw chicken and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients and egg. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In same saute pan add remaining 1-ounce olive oil, and cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment