Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eating Lean part one

After coming home inspired from my seminar down in Denver I started on dinner. Dave started marinating the pork and headed out in to kayak the ten mile creek from Copper to Frisco. More on the pork later but first I'll let you know how the seminar was. It was put on by Disney and was called The Disney Keys to Excellence. We learned about the best practices at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. In a nut shell we covered Leadership Excellence, Employee Excellence, Guest Satisfaction/ Loyalty and Repeat Business. The philosophies and tactics that Disney used are quite innovative but I am happy to say that our company is right on par with these concepts. It was all very interesting and worth every penny. So now that you know what I've been doing to be a better leader we'll move on to how I led my kitchen to a pretty good meal. This is a pretty friendly week night meal because the pork doesn't need to marinate for that long. I think I gave it 30 minutes.

Roasted Pork Tenderloin
1 pork tenderloin trimmed
3-4 T of Dijon mustard
evoo
1 lemon
4 large shallots sliced
salt and lots of freshly ground pepper

Rub pork with mustard and liberally cover with pepper. Squeeze lemon over pork and run some evoo over the top. Marinate for as much time as you have. Preheat oven to 375. Place pork in pan covered with foil and surround with sliced shallots. Roast pork until an internal temperature of 160 is met. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve sliced pork with sliced shallots over top.
I served this with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment