Monday, March 5, 2012

Already today

Its only 7:28am on Monday morning and I've already had a few profound thoughts and even learned a thing or two. First off, did you know that G Love and Special Sauce's real name is Garrett? I didn't. Garrett isn't the name I would associated with his songs (not that I know more than one of his hits for that matter).
Now on to more profound topics. My daughter is a 1 1/2 years old! What? How many times have you been told that children change your life and gone are the days of free time and sleep, what sleep? Usually all of these helpful little sticks from those have been there and done that is followed with but isn't it the best thing you have ever done or all of it is so worth it. Yep, I nodded my head about a thousand times at "advise" like this. Never in my wildest dreams thinking to myself that I could relate or thought this is so true. Well now that my husband and I are in the throws of this bringing up baby thing IT IS SO TRUE! Gosh, parents do have something in common sometimes. As different as every child and parent is, we all say this. Every single person who has brought a little tiny being into this world says this at some point in their conversation with either someone who hasn't yet experienced the above mentioned phrases or a seasoned veteran to parenting. I'm still new to this and my daughter has already taught me so much. Everything else I learn from NPR, like what G Love's real name is. Yep, some days we can all relate and every day we can learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment