Thursday, August 6, 2009

BBQ Shrimp Po' Boys

I have been craving Shrimp Po Boys for a long while now! I'm not even sure I have ever had the real thing before but for some reason I knew we would love it! I have seen lots of renditions on a few different sites and finally added it to the weekly menu. I took my inspiration from this recipe Cooking Light. The shrimp marinade added great flavor. This is a simple dinner sandwich. Make sure you use a nice crusty baguette!

BBQ Shrimp Po' Boys
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t of the following
onion powder
dried thyme
dried oregano
paprika
salt
black pepper
1/4 t red pepper flakes
2 t onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 T lime juice
2 t Worcestershire sauce
1 T butter, melted
1/4 C light mayo
10-20 medium shrimp, deveined
sliced tomato
sliced red onion
bib lettuce
baguette

Combine garlic powder through butter in a medium bowl. Take 3 T of garlic mixture and combine it with mayo in a small bowl and refrigerate. Add shrimp to garlic mixture and coat well. Let the shrimp marinate for about 30 minutes. Heat grill to high and barbecue shrimp for 2-3 minutes flipping half way though. (You can use skewers if you want.) Assemble sandwich: spread a thin layer of mayo on each side of cut baguette. Top with shrimp, lettuce, sliced tomato and onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment