Friday, September 19, 2008

Peace, Love and Lobsters!




That was the description on our bibs tonight. Yes, bibs. Its 11pm and we just finished dinner. Actually Dave is still working on the last course. In honor of Grandma he is eating Moose Tracks. Actually Mint Moose Tracks. I don't know how he fits all this food. If I had even an ounce of room I would be eating Moose Tracks as well but I just can't. I can't even think about topping the dinner we just had. When we arrive home from work today we were greeted by a big old Styrofoam box. What the heck could this be? Come to find out it was filled with two live Maine lobsters, two fillet Mignon, a couple of crackers, little forks, butter, a lemon, our bibs and some wet naps. My wonderful, amazing and very thoughtful brother and sister-in-law were the master mines behind this amazing night. Oh they were SO good!
We figured that the last time we had lobster was right before Matt and Rebekah's wedding with my parents. Before that it was on our honeymoon in Bar Harbor. I think in three days Dave consumed 6-8 lobsters whether it be whole or tucked into a bun. Talk about a shiny chin. He may as well have been bathing in clarified butter. Gosh after seeing him eat and suck the meat out of those little legs I wasn't sure if I had made the most educated decision! I'm just kidding!
Well, this dinner was amazing and being land locked in the Rocky Mountains lobsters really made my night and for sure the start to my birthday weekend. Thank you M&B!

No comments:

Post a Comment